Institute "Republica" is a Ukrainian national civic organization. Its aim is to involve Ukrainian citizens to democratic transformations in our country.
The activity of the Institute started in 1997 as a civic-analytical center and mainly engaged in the topic freedom of peaceful assembly in Ukraine.
The founder of the Institute is Volodymyr Chemerys, a human rights expert, freedom of assembly classic.
At the beginning 2000s, the Institute became the basis for the movement "Ukraine without Kuchma", which was aimed at resignation of the President of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma.
Later, in 2004, the Institute became one of the founding organizations of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union.
In 2011, the Institute "Respublika" and other partner organizations founded a coalition of NGOs - All Ukrainian initiative "For a peaceful protest!".
All-Ukrainian NGO "Institute Republica" (Institute "Republica") was registered in 2012.
In 2013, the Institute became a member of the International Platform "Civic Solidarity".
The turning point became Euromaidan for the Institute. During Euromaidan Institute "Republica" almost around the clock by regions monitored the situation and provided legal assistance to activists. The Institute was one of the founders of the Civiс Council of Maidan.
After the Revolution of Dignity Institute directed its activities in the process of self-organization and activation of citizens, promoting reforms in Ukraine.
In 2016, the Institute became membership and national management of network European Community Organizing Network (ECON).
Strategic plans of the Institute "Republica" in 2016-2020:
- To promote implementation of 7 reanimation reforms in Ukraine: decentralization, e-Governance, lustration, reform of the political system, budgetary, judicial, energy efficiency and energy-savings reforms.
- To promote the supremacy of human rights and system change.
- To assist in involvement investments and social, economic development of communities.
- To assist in implementation standards of appropriate governance at local and national levels in Ukraine.
- To assist in improvement citizens’ political literacy in applying mechanisms of local democracy and methods of collaboration with local authorities.
For cooperation or additional questions, please contact: email@example.com