OSCE Parallel Civil Society Conference 2017: Invitation to Participate
The OSCE-wide NGO-network ‘Civic Solidarity Platform’ invites you to its annual OSCE Parallel Civil Society Conference, to be held in Vienna in December 2017.
At the Conference, civil society representatives from throughout the OSCE region will discuss urgent human dimension issues and their impact in the region. The outcomes of the Conference will be presented in the form of civil society recommendations as well as a ‘Vienna Declaration’ on ‚Preventing Counter-Terrorism, Anti-Extremism, Anti-Radicalisation and other Security Measures from Eclipsing Human Rights and the Rule of Law’ (working title), to the OSCE Ministerial Council. (For more information on the event check out the video IPHR and CSP produced for the last year's Conference in Hamburg).
The Conference will be held at Hotel Le Meridien (address: Robert-Stolz-Platz 1, 1010 Vienna) on 5 and 6 December 2017.
In addition, the Conference will be accompanied by other events:
- On 4 December 2017 in the afternoon: Possibility of informal meetings of CSP Working Groups (meetings and free meeting places need to be arranged by coordinators).
- On 4 December in the evening: Public panel discussion on Human Rights Challenges in the OSCE region with a special focus on the topic of the ‘Vienna Declaration’. This will be a great opportunity for Conference participants to meet and greet each other.
- On 5 December in the evening: The CSP will host a social gathering at Badeschiff Wien (http://www.badeschiff.at/).
Please let us know if you are willing to participate by following the listed steps below:
1) Follow the link to the Online Application Form
2) Fill in the form (pay special attention to the following fields: name; surname; your organization; e-mail; preferred dates of arrival and departure; funding (partial or full/self-funded), participation in the public Panel Discussion, the Social Gathering, and the following Ministerial Meeting).
3) Please, submit your completed form until 14 October 2017.
Information for NGO representatives outside the CSP: Please note that this Conference is an event organized by the CSP. The number of participants is limited. Filling in the Online Application Form does not automatically guarantee your participation in the Conference, but we will try to process your request and confirm your participation by e-mail as soon as possible.
Please also be informed that members of the CSP have priority when it comes to the limited number of participants and funding opportunities. We also try to strive for geographical and topical diversity. Thank you for your understanding!
If you have any questions or difficulties accessing the Online Application Form, please contact the local co-coordinating CSP member, the Austrian Helsinki Association – For Human Rights and International Dialogue (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As soon as the Conference Agenda has been finalized, you will be provided with it via E-Mail.
Thanks in advance!
The CSP Conference Logistics Team
Invitation in English (PDF) osce_parallel_civil_society_conference_2017_invitation_eng.pdf
Invitation in German (PDF) osce_parallel_civil_society_conference_invitation_german.pdf
Photos used in the illustration:
Staatsoper Wien © Peter Haas / CC BY-SA 3.0/link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Staatsoper_Wien_DSC_5273w.jpg
Wien Riesenrad © Thomas Ledl / CC BY-SA 4.0/ link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wien_Riesenrad.jpg
Wien, Hofburg © pixabay/ domeckopol / CC0 / link: https://pixabay.com/en/vienna-hofburg-imperial-palace-1544015/
Wien Linie 31 © Peter Gugerell / CC0 1.0 / link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wien_Linie_31_17_Br%C3%BCnner_Stra%C3%9Fe_a.jpg
Wien Hofburg Nacht © Alexander Umbricht / link: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Wien_Hofburg_Nacht.jpg
Wien 02 Prater Riesenradplatz © Gugerell / CC0 1.0 / link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wien_02_Prater_Riesenradplatz_b.jpg
A Wien Votivkirche © Bgabel / GFDL / link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A-Wien-Votivkirche.JPG